THE WORLD’S FIRST FDA-CLEARED MICRONEEDLING DEVICE
Sometimes referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), microneedling is a unique, minimally invasive technique that supports replenishment of the skin. By creating thousands of tiny micro-injuries in the tissue, microneedling encourages the natural healing process, revving up the production of collagen and elastin, as well as establishing new blood vessels in the treatment area. As the building blocks of healthy, strong skin are increased, tissue becomes smoother, tighter, and more lifted. Fine lines, dark spots , and scarring are reduced, and sometimes eliminated. The result is glowing, luminous skin. Microneedling is safe and effective for almost any area, including the face, neck, arms, back, and hands.
OneSkin Spa performs its medical microneedling treatments using the SkinPen, from trusted Bellus Medical. Containing a set of tiny needles, which can be adjusted to a varying depth of .25 to 2.5 mm, each microneedling treatment is completely customizable, offering more consistent results than seen with traditional dermal rollers. As the SkinPen gently glides across the skin, using a small applicator, the sterile needles break the tissue’s upper-most surface, creating minor lesions. The predetermined depth of these punctures correlates to the desired correction. Once the skin’s natural barrier function has been crossed, a unique blend of topical ointments or creams can be added to the treatment process, getting the hydrating products to the deepest layers of tissue, providing optimal results. In one to two weeks, patients will see fresher, tighter, more beautiful skin.
Benefits of the
- Reversing years of sun damage
- Improves scars from acne and trauma
- Decreasing pore size
- Rejuvenates the appearance
- Safe for all skin types
- Improving the tone and texture of your skin
- Enhancing the overall appearance of your aging skin
- Good for multiple areas, including the face, neck, back, arms, and extremities
- Little risk for serious complications or scarring
- Works well alone or in conjunction with topical solutions for optimal results
SkinPen Microneedling Phases of Healing:
- Inflammation As the SkinPen pierces the skin, the body’s immune response system kicks into gear, disinfecting the wounds, eliminating debris, maximizing blood flow to the area, and supporting the growth of new tissues.
- Proliferation The micro-injuries are rebuilt using new granulation cells, collagen, and elastin, all creating a youthful, stronger dermal makeup. A new, vital network of blood vessels is established, as well.
- Remodeling Once new dermal tissue and blood vessels are established, the body makes an even stronger, Type 1 Collagen, which tightens and essentially ‘shrink wraps’ the skin for protection.
SkinPen Microneedling Menu
SkinPen Microneedling Treatment
Each SkinPen session is performed in one of the comfortable, private treatment rooms at OneSkin Spa. Sessions will take approximately 30 minutes to perform. Once the client is situated, a topical anesthetic will be applied to the treatment area, ensuring a comfortable procedure. Next, one of our licensed medical aestheticians will glide the SkinPen across the target skin, allowing the tiny needles to penetrate the surface of the tissues at a predetermined depth. Finally, an individually designed ointment will be applied to the treatment area, getting nourishment deep into the layers of tissue for optimal results.